Now in the galleries
Part of the Process
About the Exhibit: This exhibit features the artists’ finished works as well as drafts and/or process documentation related to the finished work, giving the community a peek into the artists’ creative mind and soul. This exhibit includes 34 pieces from 14 artists. This exhibit will be in galleries at Art Works: Aug 3-Oct 22, 2021.
Virtual Tour: HERE
Upcoming Calls for Art
CALL FOR ART: All Makers, 2D, 3D, literary and performance artists are encouraged to apply for Art Works’ 2021 exhibit series “Make Connections.” In 2021, we need to reconnect to our world, our community of people, our process for creative expression, and our ability to reflect on our experiences. Plan to participate in our full season of exhibits. Check out AW Guide to Exhibiting Your Work for requirements related to preparing pieces to hang or be displayed at Art Works.
Hindsight is 2020
(Art Works: Nov 7, 2021 – Jan 21, 2022)
About the Exhibit: Maybe you are like much of the planet and you feel like 2020 was an eternal blazing disaster with radical impact on humanity’s physical and mental states: global pandemic, world shift in political climate, social distancing, thousands dead, social justice, watching our cities burn, and supporting our children learning in a primarily virtual world. We encourage artists to reflect on 2020 and share your truth with hindsight and awareness. Share your perspective of this unique time through creative expression.
Solo and Group Visual Arts Exhibits at Art Works (Rolling Applications Accepted)
About the Opportunity: All 2D & 3D visual artists are encouraged to apply. We are currently accepting rolling applications from quality artists who have a unique vision to share as a solo or group exhibitor. While we seek artists for regular curated exhibitions, we occasionally have need for work to fill our spaces on short notice. We would like to be able to call on solo artists to help us keep our galleries full and vibrant at all times. In order to submit an application as a group, each individual should submit a solo exhibit form, and the group coordinator should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough concept proposal including vision narrative, named artists to be included in the group, and proposed timeline for exhibit.
- May 2021 – July 2021 (also July 2021 – September 2021 at the Ames Center, Burnsville, MN): 4th Annual Member/Supporter Show This exhibit celebrates the work of member artists and makers who create at Art Works, and the work of the larger community of supporters whose contributions make programming happen here every day. See the virtual tour [LINK] HERE.
- February 2021-April 2021: Featured Spotlight – Anthony Caponi and Ernesto Ruiz This exhibit focuses the spotlight on two artists, their work, and their creative expression inspired by the natural world. See our virtual video tours here: Anthony Caponi Exhibit and Ernesto Ruiz Exhibit
- November 2020-January 2021: Introspection: Connection to Past and Future Self focused on artist’s childhood experiences and how those experiences influenced current work and the retention of childlike freedom in future work. See the video tour (LINK) HERE.
- August-October 2020: In response to COVID-19, we combined our two exhibit cycles into one MEGA show! Collaboration: Annual Member/Supporter Show featured solo creations and collaborative works created by two or more artists while Observation: The Human Form focused to human form through figure study, gestural line, or portraiture.
- February-July 2020: Expression: Raw Emotion – exhibit features work that was reactionary in nature to bring focus to human emotion whether it be subtle or extreme. Artists explored ways to make you laugh out loud and ugly cry.
- November/December 2019/January 2020: Journeys from Military Service – exhibit celebrating the work by our creative community with a history of military service
- September/October 2019: Harvest of Art – Community Exhibit curated by the Eagan Art House
- June/July/August 2019: Beyond Being Hmong: Artists as Individuals – exhibit celebrating the work of our creative Hmong community. The exhibit features 35 works from 10 artists. Guest curated by (LINK) Katherina Vang. (LINK) Large Print Art Information for Exhibit
- April/May 2019: Art Works = More than the sum of its parts – Member exhibit featuring 80 works from 30 artists, highlighting collaborative works created by two or more artists.
- February/March 2019: Mirrored Mosaics: Artists’ Reflections on Being Muslim in Minnesota
- November/December 2018 – January 2019: Art Works Members’ Exhibit: Art at Work – exhibit celebrating the creativity of Art Works member artists; and Anthony Caponi: Personal Treasures – rarely seen sculptures from the Caponi family collection.
- September/October 2018: Harvest of Art – Community Exhibit curated by the Eagan Art House
- June/July/August 2018: The Great Outdoors: Art Inspired by Wild Minnesota – Supporter Showcase and Invitational
- April/May 2018: Lighting the Way
- February/March 2018: American Conversations: Looking Forward – Art by WARM
- November/December 2017/January 2018: Art: Diverse Perspectives Through Local Eyes – Art by Eagan Artist Connect
- October 2017: Art: The Unexpected Application of Skill